Why You Need a Life Coaching Business Plan
Whether you’ve been life coaching for years or you’ve recently begun your journey down this career path, having a solid life coaching business plan in place is essential. Establishing yourself as a professional in the space and understanding how to maintain your clientele will only help you grow your business, enhance your skills and pass along support to those in need of your services.
If you’re wondering how do I write a business plan for life coaching we can help you establish the blueprint that aligns with your own professional goals while simultaneously setting your clients up for success. Below, we’ve highlighted the reasons to consider creating a life coaching business plan or revamping an existing one. Plus, we’ve provided tips and tricks on how to write a business plan for life coaching.
Why a Life Coaching Business Plan is So Important
In simple terms, a life coaching business plan is your professional guide that establishes exactly what you want to get out of your business. It sets the foundation for your success, showing you where you’re starting and where you’re going with concrete timelines and resources that will help you achieve your set goals.
This type of structure is essential because it keeps you on track. Since it’s your own life coaching business plan, it can also be flexible at first and adjusted over time — it gives you an idea of what’s working and what needs to change for you to meet your specific professional aspirations.
How to Write a Successful Life Coaching Business Plan: Tips and Template
Learning how to set up a life coaching business plan starts with a few simple tips and tricks for the brainstorming and writing process. To be successful as you develop your strategy, consider the following tips for getting started:
- Don’t rush the process. Creating your business plan may take longer than you anticipate, but that’s fine! Plan to work on it over a week or so to give yourself enough time to write, revise and reconsider all of the details before finalizing the plan.
- Write in a distraction-free environment. Instead of writing your life coaching business plan while you’re hanging out with your children or watching television, plan to do it without distractions present. This will give you a clear mind and improve your ability to focus all of your attention on the plan.
- Keep it short, sweet, and to the point. While your business plan should be detailed and comprehensive, it shouldn’t be overwhelming. Keep the details clear and concise to ensure your success down the road.
- Look at sample life coaching business plans for inspiration. If you’re ready to hit the ground running in your business plan but you’re not quite sure where to start, use sample life coaching business plans for reference. Examples can give you clear direction in what the end result should look like.
Are you feeling confident in your ability to write your life coaching business plan?
Here’s a life coaching business model template of the details you need to include in the structure:
1. Create Your Mission Statement
Your mission statement should be a formal summary of what you stand for as a business and how you plan to serve your clients. Make sure to include the core values and competencies of your practice.
- What exactly does your life coaching business services entail?
- Who is your target audience(s) for your business?
- Why did you choose to follow this career path in the first place?
2. Detail Your Business Goals
What do you want to achieve with your life coaching business, and how are you going to do it? Outline both large and small goals that will move the needle; for example, you might want a certain number of clients in a year, so what are the steps each month you need to do to achieve that client number? Your desired goals and outcomes can include everything from growing your education and perfecting your niche to reaching a specific monetary value down the road.
3. Explain Your Products and Services
Your products and services should be easy to comprehend prospective clients. Here, it’s important to detail what types of services you have to offer as well as the cost to clients. This also gives you a good idea of the amount you need to spend on marketing and other supportive resources, which can also set you up for success in budgeting.
4. Establish Your Target Audience
Developing your niche is one of the most important parts of understanding how to set up a life coaching business because it allows you to get a feel for the type of clients you will best serve. Create an ideal client profile based on your target demographic so you can establish what they expect to get out of working with you.
With this ideal client profile complete, you now can strategize how, when, and where you plan to reach this client. You can now develop the right message to interest them in your offerings.
5. Put Your Passion on Display
Life coaches have to be passionate about what they do for a living to be successful. Putting your passion on paper doesn’t only remind you of your life purpose, but it also shows prospective clients that you’re a genuine, credible, and trustworthy life coach.
Learn Everything You Need to Know About Life Coaching With Inge Rock
Following a strong life coaching business model can set you up for a successful career. Inge Rock Academy is the passion of founder Inge Rock who sets life coaches up for success. Inge Rock Academy is a hybrid life coaching training program that offers online and live training for life coaching in English and Dutch.
The Academy consists of four faculties:
- The Club for Self-Coaching
- Total Transformation
- The Life Coaching Certification Program
- The Circle of Mind Experts
Each of our life coaching faculties is designed to break down the complexities of this career path, providing an opportunity for you to understand, internalize, contemplate and experience. This format allows you to engage and trust in the content so you can feel confident about applying it in your life coaching business plan down the road.
The robust content, paired with the uplifting and inspiring learning environment, creates an effective and meaningful mentoring and coaching educational experience that spearheads support and growth.
Are you ready to learn how to set up a life coaching business? See how Inge Rock can help you today.
BECOME A LIFE COACH!
DOWNLOAD YOUR COACHING CAREER STARTER GUIDE
Is life coaching for me?
How do you start a coaching course?
When am I ready to coach?
How much does it cost to start my own coaching business?